WELCOME BACK TO DDS!
Classes start September 5
* The studio is closed on Monday, Sept. 3 + 4 (Labor Day);
all classes will take place *
Welcome back to Definitive Dance. Studio classes begin Wednesday, September 5th. DDS staff is excited to welcome everyone back from summer, and we are all anxious to celebrate a fabulous 16 years! We are so excited for the new families we have joining us, and we are thrilled to be adding some great new teachers to our faculty this year. Make sure to introduce yourselves and say hi to these wonderful friendly and talented faces joining the Definitive Family next week. We are going to have an amazing school year and we cannot wait to see what is to come.
Please read through the following information below and make sure you are familiar with our Studio Policies. We will be sending out monthly newsletters with important information through Mailchimp for families and dancers, as well as posting these newsletters to the News page of our website. We have limited office hours throughout year to keep operations cost low which keeps tuition costs lower. If you have any questions please feel free to email email@example.com for the quickest response. Our website is also a great tool for all information regarding Definitive Dance.
It is not too late to enroll in classes. If your child is interested in adding any other dance style email Ale (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will get your student all setup if there is still space in the class. Just a reminder, if your student is enrolled in Jazz | Lyrical | Contemporary he or she must be enrolled in ballet concurrently.
The following classes are closed and have a waitlist: Ballet 1, Ballet 2, Hip Hop 1, 2, + 3/4, and 9:30 am Creative Movement.
Class placement is determined by the instructors and is based on a student’s ability and certain age restrictions. My staff and I work very hard to ensure proper evaluation and placement so each dancer can receive the most out of their class. Please make every effort to enroll your dancer for the class most appropriate for them based on our placements. If you do have a scheduling conflict please email us so we can help you navigate a placement solution.
- As stated on our website, you must be registered for a Ballet class if you are taking a Jazz, Lyrical, or Contemporary class. This requirement applies to all ages and levels. Ballet is the foundation for all forms of dance; it is a paramount dance discipline which will help to enrich your child’s dance experience.
If you decide to change or quit a dance class, you are obligated to notify the front desk of your decision, not just the teacher. All class changes must be made by November. If no one is available, please email email@example.com and we will gladly withdraw you from the class and inactivate your account.
- A two week notice to drop a class is required in order to avoid the next month’s tuition. Failure to do so will result in payment of tuition until notified of your withdrawal.
- Teachers will be assessing dancers in the month of September and adjusting placements as needed. We try very hard to place dancers in classes with similar ability, please understand the importance of dance education and class structure so each dancer can be challenged as well as refine current skill set.
All studio holidays are posted on our website. STUDIO CALENDAR . We follow the Mercer Island School District for closures. Please check our website for inclement weather cancellations.
- Please mark your calendar: our 15th Annual Recital will be held Saturday, June 22, 2019. More details will be given as we get closer! Students are expected to participate in both performances at 11am + 4pm.
Our program is designed as a nine-month session running September - June. Monthly tuition is divided into equal payments for lessons received for the full nine-month session and will remain the same each month regardless of attendance, school closures, holidays, vacations, recital rehearsals and performances etc.
Once enrolled you are responsible for monthly tuition payments – monthly statements will not be mailed. We post tuition charges to your Danceworks account by the 1st of the month. You can login to your account to see your monthly statement. We accept cash/check (dropped in tuition box in studio lobby), Mastercard or Visa (through your Danceworksaccount) for payment of tuition and related fees. YOUR FIRST TUITION PAYMENT IS DUE SEPTEMBER 5, 2018.
- Tuition is due the 1st of each month and is delinquent if not received by the 5th. A monthly late fee of $25 will be charged on delinquent accounts no exceptions. We suggest signing up for Auto-pay through Danceworks or in the DDS office so you do not have to worry about late fees.
- Students will not be admitted into class unless tuition payments are current. In the event of temporary financial difficulties, payment arrangements may be worked out with the studio prior to the payment deadline.
- Discounts are given to students who participate in multiple classes.Discounts are also available for multiple students within a household.
- Students will receive an average of four classes per month over the dance season.
- Tuition is due regardless of attendance. There are NO REFUNDS for classes missed. Classes missed due to an excused absence, illness or injury can be made up. Classes cancelled due to teacher absence will be made up at a time determined by the teacher.
Students are expected to wear dance attire to class. Students should wear pedestrian attire over their dance wear to and from class. Please refer to the CLASSES page board for specific class attire clarification.
- NO JEANS, SKIRTS, T-SHIRTS, SWEATERS or SWEATSHIRTS, are allowed in class. If the weather is cold it is okay for students to wear dance warm-ups including legwarmers, leggings, or form-fitting sweaters until their muscles are warm.
- All hair must be up off the face and neck in a ponytail, bun, french twist, or similar style.
- No hats or bandanas please.
- Dance shoes are not to be worn outside. Please remember even the quick jump from the car can hurt the life of your shoes as well as cause destruction to our expensive dance floor.
Not sure where to find dance clothes for your student? Check out Fuzi in Bellevue on 126th, or Dance On In in Kirkland. No time to make it to the store, go to Discount Dance Supply - a great online resource for all clothing and accessories dance related!